Monday, November 3, 2008

More Rejections!!!

I sent out my first novel to eight agents yesterday. This morning, very promptly, four agents responded with a "no". I wonder if it's my cover letter or the first few pages? Hmmm...

My daughter and I are both reading The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart. He's a first time novelist and wow, what a great book! My daughter and I are stealing it from each other's rooms and have two different bookmarks in the same book! We're on a race as to who will read further. The story is about four children who are chosen to participate in a dangerous mission. I won't give any information away, in case anyone wants to read it.

My favorite MG/YA writers include Shannon Hale, Cornelia Funke, Brandon Mull, and Angie Sage.

3 comments:

  1. good luck! thank you for commenting on my blog. have you had others look at your query? if you send 10 out, i think a request rate of at least 2 or 3 should be expected.

    otherwise, revise the query!!

    good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you! From a fellow teacher who loves to write...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Loretta,
    Thanks for following my blog.
    Why not try changing your query and not sending pages for the next 5-10 agents. I never sent pages, just a strong query, unless of course the agent specifically asked for pages in their submission guidelines.
    Good Luck!
    jill

    ReplyDelete