Thursday, November 13, 2008

Genre Schizophrenia

I don't know what my deal is. One moment I'm immersed in young adult fantasy writing - and an amazing story it's turning out to be - another, my fingers are flying over the keyboard as I work on a picture book. Next, I'm working on a short historical story about an old violin repairman.

Here's my sketch of him (based on my father ~God rest his soul~ who's dream was to be a violin maker):



My mind is on a picture book series, a YA fatasy, and a historical story all at the same time. I feel divided, and yet refreshed each time I work on one genre, then move on to another. It's probably crazy, but it's like subjects in school. You can move between one subject and another and still be able to focus on it as long as you're giving your attention to one subject at a time. Not to mention my full time teaching job that takes up so much energy.... sigh.

Oh, here is my daughter's blog: http://ctlucy.livejournal.com/ I'm so proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment